Saturday, December 8, 2007

My first wk at the bank was quite a pleasant experience. Shall not disclosure much about what I do and learn there due to the banking secrecy act.

My colleagues and bosses were very nice. They talked to me and offered me many valuable advices.

I realised my naiveness in thinking that studies and qualifications are the key to a successful person. There are thousands of degree holders in the market, but it is how you package yourself as a person and present to others that will make you stand out. An intelligent person will not necessary be successful. But a person with the right attitude and soft skills will excel in his or her job.

The focus of my internship will be to discover my strengths and weakness, and hopefully find a department that fits me. In addition, i hope to learn how successful bankers behave and work.

P.S: Taking another twist in choosing my uni course. Sticking to biz so that i can develop my soft skills further. It will be a waste for me take acc but not practise acc aft i graduate since i hate the job of an accountant.

No comments: